Family Law Attorney in Lakeland, FL
Christine has been practicing law since 2001, nearly two decades. During Law school, she interned at the Legal Aid Society on family matters cases.
Once she passed the bar, her career began at the Public Defender’s Office of the Tenth Judicial Circuit serving Polk, Highlands, and Hardee counties where she practiced criminal defense representing clients accused of misdemeanors and felonies.
As an assistant public defender, she represented clients charged with DUIs, possession of drugs, and domestic violence battery, burglary, and theft, just to name a few. It was there that she developed a love for the courtroom.
In 2005, she opened her own law firm and renewed her love of family law from law school. Christine has a passion for practicing family law and advising clients on their rights, protecting their interests, and promoting a healthy future. She devotes the time and patience to help people face these life challenges inside and out of the courtroom. Christine assists clients in thinking ahead and plan for potential complications down the road. Planning and protecting yourself now leads to a smooth transition and minimizes future conflict.
Lakeland or Florida Family Law governs several issues including divorce, alimony, child custody, child visitation or timesharing, child support, paternity, child relocation, name changes, etc.
Let Christine Thornhill help guide you through the tough decisions of your family law matter.
- Florida Southern College – graduated December 1997 – Bachelor of Science
- St. Thomas University School of Law – graduated May 2001 – Juris Doctorate
- Sworn into the Florida Bar – September 11, 2001
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida - October 8, 2003
- Memberships – Florida Bar, American Business Women’s Association, Winter Haven Women’s Bar Association
- Voluntary – Guardian Attorney Ad litem for abused, abandoned, or neglected children as well as in family law matters and as an Attorney Ad Litem – Teen Court Judge